It’s the crossover we didn’t know we needed – an art gallery inside a nightclub.
Owner Noi Chanthavong says Bazal’s concept came to fruition unintentionally as he casually inquired about the space. Where is it Butterone of Charlotte’s most exclusive nightclubs, once was.
- “At that time, it felt like the biggest thing to ever come to Charlotte that really helped elevate the nightlife experience,” Chanthavong says, and he hopes Bazal will have a similar impact on life. Charlotte night.
Why is this important: Chanthavong wants Bazal to be more than just a nightclub. For him, he says it’s about creating access for people. Access to outdoor music concerts, fashion shows and partnership events with surrounding Music Factory tenants.
- “I wanted to bring the MoMa to Charlotte.”
What to expect: Bazal has two distinct spaces: The Gallery and The Nightclub.
In The Gallery, the vibe is light and ethereal with relaxing downtempo music in the background.
- There are works by local and national artists that will rotate quarterly.
- For drinks, there will be craft cocktails and a selection of premium liquors.
The nightclub, however, is the exact opposite of what you’ll see upstairs. As Chanthavong says, “If the upper floor is heaven, then it is hell.”
- The ambience is dark but regal – resembling a Vegas grand venue, nightclub. For music, the hip-hop top 40 will be all the rage here.
- Even the bar program will be different from the one upstairs. Downstairs you can order your Redbull vodka.
The best part? If Bazal isn’t your vibe, a shuttle will run between Bazal and QC Social.
How it works: Bazal is a private club, so a membership will be required for entry. Additional information will be posted on Bazal’s website coming soon, but you can pre-register for a free membership.
- Guests can make table reservations for VIP table service at the club level.
- The space will be available to rent for special occasions, group events, corporate events and weddings.
- Hours are solidified, but the gallery space will be open weekdays during gallery hours where guests can enjoy, drink and admire the art.
- And if you’re looking for art, all of the exhibits will be for sale.
Location: Bazal is located at 950 North Carolina Music Factory Blvd.
Chronology: Chanthavong says he expects Bazal to open in late May or early June (just in time for the hot girls and hot guys summer). A Mindfulness Festival is already planned for mid-May.
Here is an overview of the gallery space.
And the lower level club area.