Today the In the USA, a new report describes how the FBI failed to investigate Larry Nasser. Additionally, a theater company in Dexter took risks during the lockdown and finally returned to the stage. Additionally, poet Semaj Brown spoke of the power to introduce people to writing.
[Get Stateside on your phone: subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts today.]
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
IG finds FBI failed to mitigate threat posed by Larry Nassar, mismanaged investigation
- Lindsey smith is a Michigan Radio investigative reporter and co-host of the award-winning Peabody Podcast Believed on the conviction of Nassar.
Bis! Dexter theater company takes over after pandemic
- Dan Cooney is the co-founder and artistic director of the Encore Musical Theater Company and a professional Broadway actor.
- David Moan is currently a cast member at Encore and professional actor.
Flint Semaj Brown’s poet receives American Academy of Poets scholarship
- Semaj Brown is Flint-area’s first Poet Laureate and an author, playwright, educator and playwright.
- Support for arts and culture coverage in the United States comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.