Maciu Salauca wins Artist of the Year 2022 while Ciqomi Au wins Most Popular Song 2022 at FIPRA Awards
It was a glamorous, fun, musical, dancing and festive evening for those who attended the FIPRA Music Awards 2022, as it took place after two years.
Maciu Salauca has won the Artist of the Year 2022 award, sponsored by Extra Supermarket. He composed the song Ni Dau Tukuni.
Cagi Ni Delai Yatova’s hit single Ciqomi Au won Most Popular Song of 2022 sponsored by Communications Fiji Limited.
Josateki Wainiqolo and group Voqa Kei Munia won two awards, including the 2022 Best New Artist Award sponsored by Capital Insurance and also the 2022 iTaukei Best Song Award, sponsored by the iTaukei Land Trust Board, with their hit single Tei His Frame.
Amania Singer, Josateki Nailati won the 2022 Fintel Award for Best English Song with his song titled “I’ll Be Thinking of You”, while Dr. Ravnil Singh won the Best Hindi Song Award sponsored by the High Commission of India. India, for her single Mere Nav.
Other winners include:
– 2022 Best Gospel Song Award, sponsored by New Methodist Church – Pojee
– 2022 Best Hip Hop Award, sponsored by Software Factory – Stee Verekula
– 2022 Best Record Engineers, sponsored by Fiji Performing Rights Association – Adriu Saraumu
– 2022 Best Music Hall of Fame, sponsored by Vatuvara Private Islands – Vivita Cevo
– 2022 Most Popular Songs, sponsored by Communications Fiji Limited – Ciqomi Au (Cagi Ni Delai Yatova and Ledua Cakacaka)
– Prize for the best composition 2022, sponsored by Rooster Chicken – Emosi Diani
– 2022 International Achievement Award, sponsored by the Australian High Commission – Sumeet Tappoo
– 2022 Outstanding Service to Fijian Music, Sponsored by Westpac Bank – Ethel Naidu
– Most Popular Music Video of 2022, Sponsored by Hot Bread Kitchen – Noqu Dina (Yanu Boyz)