Each product has been independently selected by our editorial team. We may receive commissions from certain product links on this page. Promotions are subject to availability and retailer terms.
The arrival of any new superhero movie comes with great anticipation regarding a number of components, from performance to direction to story, but in the case of Batman, fans also have high hopes for a film score. Whether it’s Adam West’s version of the character from the ’60s, Danny Elfman’s scores from Tim Burton’s films, or the ominous themes of Hans Zimmer’s work with Christopher Nolan’s films, there’s a proven legacy of exploits character on the big screen. This trend continues with Michael Giacchino’s impressive work on Matt Reeves The Batmanthe film’s score getting a 3XLP vinyl release through Mondo. The Batman 3XLP vinyl will be available for pre-order via Mondo official website March 9 at 1 p.m. ET.
The Batman (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) features the music of Oscar, Emmy and Grammy Award-winning composer Michael Giacchino, whose credits feature some of the most popular and acclaimed film projects in recent history, including The Incredibles, coconut, JoJo Rabbit, Ratatouille, star trek, jurassic world, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and War for the Planet of the Apes. This is the fifth film that Reeves and Giacchino have collaborated on.
Giacchino once again proves he’s one of the greatest living composers as he introduces a powerful and instantly canonized new theme to one of music’s most iconic superheroes. When director Matt Reeves first heard the theme, he was with film producer Dylan Clark. “I was dazzled!” He exclaimed. “It was so emotional. We literally both cried…it was unbelievable.”
While it’s not just the world’s greatest detective who emerges with a new theme – Selina Kyle’s new string-heavy / Catwoman theme is slinky and haunting like a classic noir’s femme fatale. And Giacchino’s version of The Riddler is much more haunted, accompanied by the Tiffin Boys choir, a truly terrifying and spooky motif for one of the scariest versions of a Gotham villain to date.
“In 2022, five decades and nearly two dozen takes on his world’s character and music, it should be impossible to tackle the world’s greatest detective with such a fresh and iconic take,” the director shared. Mondo’s creative, Mo Shafeek. “But here we are, and the soundtrack of The Batman is as inspired and essential as the film itself.”
Featuring nearly two hours of score, housed on three discs, featuring brand new artwork by Henry Abrams, and pressed on 180 gram vinyl (color exclusive to Mondo online store, also available on 180 gram black vinyl ), The Batman The soundtrack on vinyl will be available for pre-order on Wednesday, March 9 at 1 p.m. ET on MondoShop.com.
The Batman – 3XLP Original Movie Soundtrack
- Music by Michael Giacchino. Artwork by Henry Abrams.
- Pressed on 3 exclusive 180 gram Mondo color vinyls
- Also available in black vinyl
- Can’t Fight City Halloween (4:05)
- Municipal pipeline (2:34)
- It’s raining revenge (4:31)
- Don’t be a voyeur with me (2:38)
- Crossing the Feline (1:46)
- Girl Gannika (2:31)
- Moving in for the Gil (4:23)
- Funeral and Far Between (1:46)
- Identification of the collar (1:15)
- Escaped Crusader (2:44)
- Penguin of Guilt (3:45)
- Highway to the Wrath Zone (5:20)
- The worst translator in the world (3:35)
- Puzzles, Puzzles Everywhere (1:54)
- Meow and you and everyone we know (5:19)
- For all your Pennyworth (2:38)
- Are you a Kenzie or a Can’t-zie? (5:45)
- An Imperfect Murder (3:49)
- The Great Pumpkin Pie (2:22)
- Hoarding School (4:55)
- A Deluge of Terrors (4:30)
- A Bat in the Rafters, pt. 1 (4:34)
- A Bat in the Rafters, pt. 2 (6:42)
- The Bat’s True Calling (3:05)
- All’s Well That Ends Farewell (2:41)
- The Batman (6:47)
- Catwoman (3:03)
- The Riddler (5:01)
- Sonata in the Darkness (12:11)
The Batman 3XLP vinyl will be available for pre-order via Mondo official website March 9 at 1 p.m. ET.
Will you be adding this set to your collection? Let us know in the comments below!